Our development proposals will bring a number of benefits to the area including:
Local economic and social value
- Breathing new life into a series of out-dated buildings and empty sites in the heart of Whitechapel.
- Could support between 3,470 – 5,660 full time jobs and further training opportunities for local people, that range across the life science sector and beyond
- A further 180 jobs will be created during construction.
- Additional workers could spend between £7-12 million per year in the local area, helping the local economy.
- Occupiers on site will contribute £9m a year in business rates, which will help fund services in the local area.
Improving public spaces and urban routes
- Investment and improvement in the surrounding streets and public spaces and providing green spaces to rest and dwell.
- Reducing and deterring crime and antisocial behaviour with active ground floor providing natural surveillance and improvements to street lighting.
- Highly accessible location, promoting sustainable transport use.
- Improving the setting of the Conservation area and the surrounding listed buildings.
Excellence in life sciences
- A world-leading life sciences cluster
- Attracting, inspiring and retaining the most talented clinicians, researchers and educators.
- Speeding up the development of new research and treatment
Improving the quality of medical research and clinical trials through access to a unique microcosm of the global population.